Lani Guinier is the first tenured professor of Law at Harvard Law School and author of:
- The Tyranny of the Meritocracy: Democratizing Higher Education in a Democracy
- The Miner’s Canary: Rethinking Race and Power
- Lift Every Voice: Turning a Civil Rights Setback into a New Vision of Social Justice
- Becoming Gentlemen: Women, Law Schools and Institutional Change
- The Tyranny of the Majority
Living in a democracy is not something that we inherit, it is not something that we inhabit, it is not something that we consume, it is something we actively build together.